Posted on Jul 06, 2009 | Comments 0
Just as humans need to keep healthy by eating good and nutritious diets the same is required with our little best friends.
Any good pet owner will not feed their pet on basically anything they think their pet can ingest but instead they will take precaution in making sure that their pet eats’ healthily and nutritiously.
Here are some tips in giving your dog the best diet ever:
- When picking up food for your pet from the grocery store, do not just get anything which has the label written “pet food”. Instead the nutritional value of the product should be of more concern to you. The ingredients that make up the food should have nutritional value.
- Ingredients should be simple and wholesome like the basics which might be fish or chicken, sweet potatoes or anything that is entirely whole. Ingredients which have a whole lot of chemical equations can be difficult to understand and thus would not be advisable.
- Be on the look out for by products and fillers. By products include leftovers and other low quality foods which would not be good enough for human beings like chicken beaks and feet. These do not comprise of a nutritious diet for your dog but instead it will result in upset stomachs, vomiting and overall ill health. [Dog Health Care]
- Where the food is made and packed from should also count when buying dog food. Different countries have different regulations when it comes to dog food manufacturing and processing.
- Changing your dog’s diet should not just be a one day transformation from one thing to the next in a matter of a day. Dogs make a routine out of everything and they will not just take well to new diets. In most cases they will have diarrhea and upset stomachs. Change of diet should be a gradual process. Start giving your dog food in quarters, a quarter of the new food and three quarters of what your pet is used to. Increase the amounts on a daily basis until your pet is used to the new diet.
- Giving your pet food from the table might be enjoyable at first for you and your pet but it is definitely not healthy for your best friend. Apart from the upset stomach your dog is bound to get, the habit becomes annoying with time when your dog begins to beg frequently. Have your pet’s best interest at heart and feed it right!
Posted in: Pet Food