Owning a pet is a very big responsibility. If the health of your pet gets disturbed, you are the one who is troubled and bothered.
Many diseases enter into your pet body through its stomach. You should take care while feeding the pet with food.
Providing proper food and care will make an impact on your pet and gives likelihood to become close to you very soon.
Some research has proved that you can get close to your pet through its food.
Important steps in pet feeding:
Make sure that your pet gets adequate amount of water and food in the day. Feed your pet only once in a day or twice with small meals. Change water regularly to avoid water contaminated diseases.
Choosing the better pet food is too hard for any one by just watching the advertisements of the products.
The presence of the below products in your pet food is dangerous for your pet’s health.
- Over dosage of sugar and processed sugar
- Any product containing Xylitol
- Grapes and raisins
- Macadamia nuts and walnuts
- Moldy foods
- Mustard seeds
- Onions and any of its form
- Yeast dough
- Artificial color and products
- Chemical preservations
- Corn, wheat and soya
Being so conscious, some times you may end up feeding your pet with contagious food.
So, it’s better to feed your pet with homemade food, if you have time to prepare it. Comparing the cost, homemade pet food is cheaper than commercial pet food.
This is also a best way to optimize your pet health and give a healthy growth to your pet. If you do not have time to prepare food at home then it is always better to feed your pet with “organic pet food”.
Organic food: “Organic” has raised many eyebrows for its features and effects. As this is showing good results for humans, it is also tried on pets.
Organic food is grown and produced without using chemicals, hormones and pesticides. Even studies have shown a result that the pets which use organic food are less often prone to illness and are healthy compared with the other pets which are not fed with organic food.
Tips in feeding your pet:
- Don’t over feed your pet. Feeding too frequently will make them fussy eater.
- Don’t feed your pet at regular and specific times. Vary the time by changing the schedule of its food. Let it be hungry for some time, this is also a part of training your pet to ask for food.
- Don’t stand and stare towards it waiting for it to start its meal. This is misunderstood by your pet as extra feeding or some times misunderstood as doing wrong to it.
- Change variety of foods than feeding with a certain and particular type of food daily. But be conscious not to change too frequently.
- Don’t feed your pet with high-diet and junk food.