Being the man’s best friend, pets are enjoying the equal privilege such as hospitals, salons, training institutes and now the pet insurance.
Once you decide to bring a pet home, you should take care of its expenses, whether you are a middle class person or having a high economic status.
Basic needs of a pet are pet food, grooming and vet care. Together with these, vaccinations are also important.
How can you forget about the regular health checkups for your pet? If you neglect these, you are inviting trouble for your pet and yourself too [Instructions for pet care].
If the pet suddenly falls ill or prone to some dangerous disease and at the same time your financial status does not support the treatment, what will you do? Will you leave your pet for its fate? No, you will never lose your pet. So, pet insurance is the solution to save your pet life.
It can also be referred as health insurance as this assures the health of your pet working similar with man’s insurance. This pet insurance normally covers all the veterinary needs and bills.
Before buying any pet insurance, it’s advisable to check for the below aspects:
- Property damage by your pet: All the 24 hours in a week, you can’t take care of your pet. You never know what your pet does; if it breaks any expensive item or does damage to any thing, your pet insurance should endow the amount.
- Kennel fees should be paid by the insurance: If you are ill and can’t take care of your pet as well as you want your pet to be left in a kennel for care taking, your pet insurance should provide this feature to pay the amount for the kennel.
- In case of your pet loss, the insurance company should pay the cost of the advertising to search your pet.
- Insurance company should provide the amount for its medical claims. It should pay for the vet fees, laboratory tests, scanning and x-rays too. Other aspects of the insurance are that the insurance should pay the amount for a surgery or for any treatment needed if pets are prone to diseases like cancer, heart related problems or any other dangerous diseases.
- Reimbursement for unintentional loss or demise of your pet: You may have a doubt, “what if my pet is stolen or theft”. Having a pet insurance will benefit you from this.If your pet is stolen or lost, this shall be considered as the death of your pet and reimbursement will be provided for buying a new pet (whereas nothing can compensate your lost pet). This is beneficiary if your pet is of an expensive breed. Along with these features, if your pet is dead, the insurance will provide the amount for its burial or funeral.
- Holiday cancellation payment: You have planned a holiday and now your pet is ill. At this stage you want to cancel your trip and stay along with your pet, but your travel insurance will not compensate the amount for cancellation of the trip.But the pet insurance will help you on this. If you like to leave your pet in a kennel and go for trip, the insurance will pay for kennel amount. If you want to cancel the trip and stay by your pet to take care, the insurance will pay for the cancellation of tickets.
- Does your medical insurance reimburse for hereditary health problems? Check for this feature compulsorily as pets are usually prone to genetic problems.
Watch out for the pre-existence conditions. If your pet is prone to some disease before you have taken policy, this will not be covered by the insurance. Check whether your vet approves this pet insurance or not.
You just need to pay some amount per month or annum to secure your pet’s life. So, gift your pet with a pet insurance.