Birding, formally bird watching, refers to the activity of observing birds as a recreational activity. It is fast growing as the favourite hobby and a passion for many individuals across the globe.
Almost all the birders find that birding helps them enjoy the nature and relax their minds, bodies and souls. There are a few things that every birder must take a note or consider whenever he/ she are planning a birding expedition. Below is a list of a few tips which will definitely make it easier for you to plan a trip and make the most of it as well.
- Research about the different area known for bird watching the time of the year when the bids are most visible before planning a trip. It is important to gather all such information if you want to make the most out of every birding trip that you make.
- Also gather information about the kind of species that you can expect in that particular region you are visiting. There are so many species of birds all around that it is not possible to recognise each one, so be prepared beforehand about the ones that you can see in that particular area.
- It is important to have a pair of good binoculars or you will end up missing a lot of opportunities of eyeing some of the rarest and exquisite species of birds. Spending some quality money on binoculars is a smart decision.
- Carrying a good field guide with you to the bird watching expedition is another must. The most exciting part of the bird watching is accurately recognising each and every bird that you see. A field guide will definitely come in handy in such a situation and make it easier for you to make correct identifications.
- Keep your eyes and ears both open when scouting an area. Quite a lot of times it is possible to recognise and locate a bird by listening to its call so get familiar with the calls of different birds and make your way through the woods.
- It is an important part of the bird watching experience to record proper details of each sighting like the bird species, the date and location. This will help you both keep a memory and establish the species that you are yet to see.
- Consider the weather of the region you are visiting and dress up comfortably for the nature.