The Mini Rex rabbit is simply a smaller version of the Rex rabbit. This rabbit has short ears compared to normal rabbits and they have a thick face. They have a round plump body which is closely coupled. They are available in a variety of colors like Blue, Black, Broken, Castor, Himalayan, Chocolate, Red, Tortoise, White and Seal.
They are also known as Velveteen rabbits because of their soft fur. They are interactive and enjoy being petted. Hence, you can have these fur balls as your pets but before that, read some facts about them so that it is easier for you to take care of them.
- The average weight of a male Rex rabbit weighs between 3 to 4.5 pounds and females weigh around 3.5 to 4.5 pounds. Their small size makes them an amazing and adorable indoor pet as they are friendly and active as well.
- They eat fresh hay, fresh fruit and vegetables. They need fresh drinking water and good quality rabbit pellets to eat so that they can stay healthy.
- They are popular in America as well as Great Britain and are available in a huge variety of colors and hence, can be used as show bunnies as well.
- They have a life span of more than 10 years and hence, having them as pets is a long term commitment.
- They need a lot of space to run about and play but at the same time; you should take care if your other pets are trying to harm this tiny sensitive creature.
- They need to be held securely as they move a lot and can fall off from the hands and get hurt. They are very sensitive and hence, extra care is indeed required to be taken.
- They are sweet, cute and adorable and they act as excellent pets provided they are given proper diet and medication. They are smaller in size compared to normal rabbits.
- They do not require a lot of care but at the same time, you cannot ignore their basic needs like care in harsh weather and food and fresh water requirements.
- They should not be kept in cages and kept in open backyards as they have shown signs of deteriorating health when they were kept caged and mocked by kids of the house.
If you study these facts about keeping mini Rex rabbits as pets, you can surely go ahead and purchase these tiny adorable creatures and get yourself a live cuddle toy that is going to be with you for a very long time.