Posted on May 31, 2010 | Comments 1
There may be many reasons why an automatic dog feeder is a good idea and a prudent purchase for people with pet dogs. Any of the following reasons may mean that you need an automatic dog feeder:
- It could be that your dog is overweight and the vet has advised that he or she should lose some weight in the interest of its good health. Sometimes digestive problems may also require frequent small meals. In such cases it becomes necessary to give the dog smaller more frequent meals which can be accomplished by a dog feeder.
- If one has uncertain working hours or is frequently delayed at work or is often detained in traffic snarls the feeder would make sure your pooch is well fed.
- If your dog habitually overeats, this is a good way to control its diet.
- It can obviate the need for a pet sitter in some cases.
- If you want to sleep in on weekends.
So if you do determine that you need an automatic dog feeder, you should look out for the following things:
- If your dog is a very small size one, you may consider an automatic cat feeder for it.
- Check the feeder to see that there are no moving parts that the dog can have access to; it could injure itself or cause the unit to malfunction or break. Look for a feeder with well hidden and secure controls.
- It is best to get a feeder that is high quality and is not likely to break down and cause problems.
- Once the dog realizes that this is where the food[dog food] comes from, it is likely to try and get the food out by itself. He may paw it, push it and bite it even. You should get a feeder that is able to outsmart your smart pooch. The design should be such that it is not able to be tipped over easily
- It should have power back up or a battery option. You don’t want your canine friend to go hungry if there is a power failure.
- They should be easy to clean; or best of all dish washer safe.
- The controls should be flexible enough and have enough programming options that you are able to set the quantity and timing of the feedings according to your requirements and specifications.
- Buy one with a money back guarantee and keep that receipt safe.
Posted in: Dog Products